Sunday, September 27, 2009

A mellow weekend with incomparable weather

This weekend was Bikes Blues and BBQ. For any of you that may be unfamiliar with this event; It brings overcrowding & chaos for a weekend. WOW we are  getting old David & I used to be excited about this annual event but it seems to be a tad bit obnoxious lately. The event seems to have amplified to an unrealistic number.  This year they predicted nearly 400k bikers to attend. Last years event occupied over 300k bikers in our quaint little town of Fayettenam  Well on positive note, the event is helping stimulate our economy & allowing the bike riders to achieve a hobby that they love. 

   So, with all the madness taking place downtown David & I decided to lay low this weekend which was quite enjoyable.  David's father stayed with us Friday night which was a delight, we had a pretty low key night just chatting. Then David prepared for a very early morning to transport his father to the airport.  So needles to say David & I were up & at em pretty early.  First stop for the day was the farmers market on the square.  That was nice to see all the fresh produce and products for sale.  We didn't make any purchases since we are both a little vegged out due to all of my fathers luscious vegetables he has given us. The only thing that really caught my eye were the pumpkins! I will be back for some after I look at my sisters Cinderella Pumpkins that she grows. I can't wait this is one of my favorite times of year partially b/c of fond childhood memories that my parents made for me. #1 Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown............



 I will never forget that day, I believed that this pumpkin grew and magically appeared in my backyard until I was maybe16 years old. Ever since then I have still always had a love for pumpkins.
 

My favorite pumpkin costume that my Nanny made for me. I tried to re wear it at age 10. I guess you could say I had issues of getting older . =)
HAPPY FALL EVERYONE it's HERE!!!!!!!


                                                                      Henry & Will
After we went to the farmers market we headed out to the Soccer field to watch big H play.  He is getting too big to fast. Although you will notice that his soccer jersey is a little large for him.... it's sure cute. Enjoy  the pics!



 

  Big Will cheered lil bro on for his game (that Henry's team won) and later that evening got a visit from the tooth fairy!$!

1 comment:

  1. That pumpkin was amazing!

    I just bought ours this past weekend. Can't wait to carve it!

    ReplyDelete